Interesting People mailing list archives

more on Comcast plans 6% rate hike / Increase comes as phone firms prepare to enter cable market

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 19:28:18 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Kevin G. Barkes" <kgb () kgb com>
Date: December 5, 2005 9:20:23 AM EST
To: dave () farber net
Subject: RE: [IP] Comcast plans 6% rate hike / Increase comes as phone firms prepare to enter cable market

Comcast plans 6% rate hike
Increase comes as phone firms prepare to enter cable market

I wouldn't mind it that much if Comcast could resolve its "minor" technical problems... like normalizing the audio output across its channels. I'm not
talking about the difference between the compressed blasting that
accompanies most commercials; I'm talking about the 10dB difference between its digital and audio channels. For several months, Spike TV was a good +5dB
above all the other channels on the spread on my end of their network. I
called customer support several times; they said they'd pass my complaint on to Spike TV. Suggesting that maybe a technician dial back the level at the
head end was greeted with silence. "The head end of what?"

Sigh. It's a Comcastrophe.

Regards,

KGB

-----