Interesting People mailing list archives

a set of rules more on Amazon Phishing scam - BEWARE!

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2005 05:54:35 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: Adam Fields <ip20398470293845 () aquick org>
Date: December 3, 2005 11:32:55 PM EST
To: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Cc: ip () v2 listbox com
Subject: Re: [IP] more on Amazon Phishing scam - BEWARE!

From: "Mike O'Dell" <mo () ccr org>
i have adopted a Neo-Luddite approach to all this:

I believe *nothing* of a commercial nature i get in email
that i cannot vouchsafe with external knowledge.
even then *I* always initiate contact through
known channels, rather than accepting a channel
offered to me.

Some time ago, I wrote up a few simple rules pertaining to this, so
that I could easily point people to them:

http://www.internetrules.info/

I'd gladly add additional ones if the IP readership has suggestions.

--
                                - Adam

** Expert Technical Project and Business Management
**** System Performance Analysis and Architecture
****** [ http://www.everylastounce.com ]

[ http://www.aquick.org/blog ] ............ Blog
[ http://www.adamfields.com/resume.html ].. Experience