Interesting People mailing list archives

Good network, lousy communicator

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2005 17:06:18 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: Matt Murray <mattm () optonline net>
Date: December 3, 2005 3:49:50 PM EST
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Re: [IP] more on Amazon Phishing scam - BEWARE!

So why does Verizon send emails saying I can now go paperless and get my bill online? I send those to spoof () verizon com spoof () verizonwireless com asking if the email is real or not (and perhaps it isn't the best method to get me to change). I am eagerly awaiting a response.

Good network, lousy communicator.

Matt Murray

MattM () optonline net

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Mike O'Dell" <mo () ccr org>

i have adopted a Neo-Luddite approach to all this:

I believe *nothing* of a commercial nature i get in email
that i cannot vouchsafe with external knowledge.
even then *I* always initiate contact through
known channels, rather than accepting a channel
offered to me.