Interesting People mailing list archives

more on AP Story Justice Dept. Probing Domestic Spying Leak

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2005 14:21:48 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: Brock Meeks <Brock.Meeks () msnbc com>
Date: December 30, 2005 2:03:27 PM EST
To: dave () farber net
Subject: RE: [IP] more on AP Story Justice Dept. Probing Domestic Spying Leak

Well, I suppose that depends on what your meaning of "is" is, H.B.

One man's crime is another man's civic or patriotic duty.  The crap this
administration has and is pulling under the guise of "protecting us" is
making me ashamed to be an American.

Your statement that this leak of the NSA spying is "doubly so" is
specious at best.

I submit that it's never a "crime" when one shines a light on an
illegal, heinous government act.

If a highly classified assassination action by the CIA (and yes, we all
know these are taking place all the time now) goes awry and ends up
killing innocents, when there was ample forewarning that such a
circumstance will take place, is it a "crime" to leak the details of
that fiasco to the media in order to try and bring those responsible
into accountability?

In your book I suppose the answer is "yes."  Not in mine.