Interesting People mailing list archives

More on So Much for Law and the Constitution

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 19:42:35 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: "David P. Reed" <dpreed () reed com>
Date: December 18, 2005 4:42:00 PM EST
To: dave () farber net
Cc: ip () v2 listbox com, "Marc D'Angelis" <mcdangelis () gmail com>
Subject: Re: [IP] More on So Much for Law and the Constitution

I'm puzzled by your comment, Marc. Are you saying that the government lawyers presume that everyone being searched and whose property is being seized is a terrorist or would-be-terrorist?

I don't think the government lawyers are *stupid* enough to think that everyone whose home or office is invaded without a warrant would not be an innocent citizen or visitor, who would not seek recourse.

IMPO, it's now impeachment time - unless, of course, you think that if they make a mistake, they will just "disappear" the innocent civilian, so they can't complain...

There aren't higher crimes and misdemeanors than pre-Patriot Act warrantless searches and seizures, or the assertion by the executive that he will defy the expiration of the Patriot Act provisions, which were not clearly Constitutional in the first place.

Begin forwarded message: