Interesting People mailing list archives

more on Bush Lets U.S. Spy on Callers Without Courts >:o >:o

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2005 19:41:57 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: "David P. Reed" <dpreed () reed com>
Date: December 18, 2005 5:47:11 PM EST
To: dave () farber net
Cc: ip () v2 listbox com
Subject: Re: [IP] more on Bush Lets U.S. Spy on Callers Without Courts >:o >:o

Dave - Perhaps the Farber-List audience does not find Neil Munro's phrase "forcing democracy on the countries of the middle east" a little odd, perhaps even self-contradictory.

It reminds me of "Kill for Peace" or "Jesus wants you to be Rich."

On the other hand, the legal advisors of our President are apparently claiming that the US Consitution grants the President the powers of a sovereign leader for 4 years (and that prior Presidents weren't sufficiently Jealous of their own Power). In other words, they think we in the US elect a King (or Queen).

Orwell got it right, apparently.