Interesting People mailing list archives

Audio levels, was: more on Comcast rate hike

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 7 Dec 2005 18:38:54 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: gjones () ScottStringfellow com
Date: December 7, 2005 4:35:37 PM EST
To: dave () farber net
Subject: RE: [IP] Audio levels, was: more on Comcast rate hike

I thought I was alone!!!!  I knew we were not imagining things   It is
not just Comcast.  We have Cox in our office - watch CNBC all day.  The
national commercials are at LEAST 50% louder than the programming.  The
local inserts are the worst, minimum of a double.  I kid you not!!!  I
am on my third remote because I am constantly picking it up to hit the
mute button.  I, and everyone else in the office, now have it muted
almost all day - not exactly what CNBC would like to hear.

I have called and made numerous complaints, but all they say is we need
to move to digital.  Wrong answer.

What are the questions I should ask to get them to fix this?  Who should
I have my complaint elevated to?  Can they actually do anything about
it?  CNBC is an analog channel on the system.

Does Direct-TV have a system for a whole office - 25 connections?

Thanks.

Scott & Stringfellow, Inc. is a wholly-owned non-bank subsidiary of BB&T Corporation.
THE SECURITIES SOLD, OFFERED OR RECOMMENDED BY SCOTT & STRINGFELLOW,
INC. ARE NOT A DEPOSIT, NOT FDIC INSURED, NOT GUARANTEED BY THE BANK, NOT INSURED BY ANY FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AGENCY AND MAY GO DOWN IN VALUE.