Interesting People mailing list archives

more on Spend $2 Bill, Go To Jail

From: "Dave Farber" <dave () farber net>
Date: Sat, 09 Apr 2005 09:47:12 -0500

------- Original message -------
From: Jack Holleran  <jholleran () comcast net>
Sent: 8/4/'05,  18:45

Dave,

I think the appropriate punishment should be
Best Buy AND the local police department
have every employee on duty during this incident
go to a four hour training session without a
break (no drinks, no smoking, no bathroom, no
sleeping ... but also no handcuffs).

This training should be put on by the Treasury
Department on how to determine all the real money
in circulation today.

I would also include all senior management,
even if they weren't on duty, so they can
use common sense later on.

Mr. Bolesta was detained for 3-5 hours and
lost freedom due to everyone on duty in both
places not knowing that a 2 dollar bill is
legal tender.

Then maybe the police will react slightly
differently in the future.

I think Mr. Bolesta will agree that the training
confinement might be very appropriate.

And the Baltimore Sun should be present to document
the event as well!

Jack Holleran, CISSP