Interesting People mailing list archives

More Baggage Taboos, but Little Security Enhancement

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 06:58:35 -0400

------ Forwarded Message
From: Bob Frankston <Bob19-0501 () bobf frankston com>
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2005 02:14:15 -0400
To: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Subject: NYTimes.com: More Baggage Taboos, but Little Security Enhancement

E-Mail This
http://www.nytimes.com/2005/04/26/business/26road.html?ex=1115265600&en=e7c7
d9fd7b79dbdf&ei=5070
<http://www.nytimes.com/2005/04/26/business/26road.html?ex=1115265600&amp;en
=e7c7d9fd7b79dbdf&amp;ei=5070>

 <http://www.nytimes.com/>
<http://www.nytimes.com/adx/bin/adx_click.html?type=goto&amp;page=www.nytime
s.com/yr/mo/day/business&amp;pos=TopRight-EmailThis&amp;camp=foxsearch-email
tools07-nyt5&amp;ad=at_melinda.gif&amp;goto=http%3A%2F%2Fwww%2Efoxsearchligh
t%2Ecom%2Fmelindaandmelinda%>

This page was sent to you by: bobf () frankston com

Everybody has a favorite story from what I think of as the T.S.A. Follies.
Here's mine. A uniformed pilot waits impatiently at a checkpoint for 10
minutes while two screeners from the Transportation Security Administration
scrutinize every item in his carry-on bag. After he was allowed to go on his
way, he explained why it took so long. "They told me they had to make sure I
wasn't carrying anything that would allow me to take over an airplane," he
said, rolling his eyes

BUSINESS |   April 26, 2005
On the Road:  More Baggage Taboos, but Little Security Enhancement
<http://www.nytimes.com/2005/04/26/business/26road.html?ex=1115265600&amp;en
=e7c7d9fd7b79dbdf&amp;ei=5070>
By JOE SHARKEY
Government reports have confirmed what most business travelers already knew:
airport security is hardly any better now than it was before 9/11.

Copyright 2005
<http://www.nytimes.com/ref/membercenter/help/copyright.html>  The New York
Times Company <http://www.nytco.com/>  | Privacy Policy
<http://www.nytimes.com/ref/membercenter/help/privacy.html>