Interesting People mailing list archives

more on BAD IDEA OF THE WEEK -- Google Launches Personal History Feature

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 09:45:31 -0400

------ Forwarded Message
From: "W.B. McNamara" <whitney () absono us>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 09:37:45 -0400 (EDT)
To: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Subject: Re: [IP] BAD IDEA OF THE WEEK -- Google Launches Personal History
Feature

Could you provide a little more detail on what elements you feel are a
bad idea?  With Amazon/A9, AskJeeves, and Yahoo all offering a search
history feature, I'd argue that Google has no choice but to offer
something similar.

With Google only storing history if you log in, as well as offering a
"pause" functionality to allow users to keep certain searches out of
their history, this strikes me as a pretty reasonable implementation
(though I'll admit that I've only played with it a very little bit).

Search Engine Watch has a post today that offers an interesting
comparison of the various search history options out there, from big and
smaller players:

http://blog.searchenginewatch.com/blog/050421-070616

- W.B. McNamara

------ End of Forwarded Message