Interesting People mailing list archives

Request for Help from the "Paul Revere of Cyberspace" -- for PA people

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 16:41:06 -0400

------ Forwarded Message
From: American Voter <the_american_voter () yahoo com>
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 13:28:17 -0700 (PDT)
To: <farber () dsl cis upenn edu>
Subject: Request for Help from the "Paul Revere of Cyberspace"

Dear Professor Farber:

I represent the citizens' group "American
Voter", which petitioned the Commonwealth
of PA to re-examine the UniLect Patriot, which
resulted in the decertification of that system.

As you may already know, UniLect will be
returning to Harrisburg PA, this Friday, April
22nd, to attempt to get the decertification of
their electronic voting system reversed.  This
system has proven to be defective and to lose
votes, and we want to make sure that such a
problematic system remains decertified and
is not imposed on the Pennsylvania voters.

It is vital that we have as many informed and
concerned people there as possible, to observe
the proceedings carefully.  The meeting will be
held in Hearing Room 1 starting at 11AM in
the North Office Building, only a few blocks
from the train station.

I just got off the phone with Patrick Williams
of the PA Dept of State, and he's assured me
that this meeting will be held in a larger
room, and that we can send more people.

The issue of paperless electronic voting
systems has already affected many thousands
of voters in PA who have been disenfranchised,
and it is for them that we request that you
become involved.

Do you or does anyone you'd recommend have
any interest in attending this function?  I was
only informed of it officially late yesterday, so
I apologize for the short notice.

Please don't hesitate to contact me if you
would like more information.

Cordially,
Sheila Green
compleat () comcast net