Interesting People mailing list archives

Powell to Remain at FCC????????

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 04:58:46 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: Genny Pershing <gennypershing () YAHOO COM>
Date: November 10, 2004 4:42:12 PM EST
To: CYBERTELECOM-L () LISTSERV AOL COM
Subject: Powell to Remain at FCC????????

* sigh *

http://www.radioandrecords.com/Newsroom/2004_11_09/topstory.asp

Michael Powell Plans To Remain At FCC

The Republican FCC Chairman said today that with the
reelection of President Bush, he plans to stay on at
the commission, possibly through 2007. In a session
with reporters covered by Reuters, Powell said, "It's
been one of my great privileges to serve under
[Bush's] leadership and right now that's what I plan
to continue to do. I'm happy where I am for the
moment." Powell's comments could dispel persistent
rumors that he was planning to leave the FCC early in
Bush's second term. The news came as the White House
confirmed the resignations of Attorney General John
Ashcroft and Commerce Secretary Donald Evans.

=====
"We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare.. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made." --M. Facklam