Interesting People mailing list archives

Better a dentist

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 19:34:58 -0400

I just got of the phone calling the IBM Service center to get a box to return the sick computer. It was an experience that I would NOT like to go through again. It took the guy 10 minutes of key banging PRIOR to being able to take any information. He could not spell simple words.

Anything the least bit complicated got a dead silance from him.

My question of how to keep the hard disk which he said was the other option to rewriting the disk, about how to handle the Embedded security chip when the macjine I get back might be different got a UH.

Most un-stimulating.

Dave