Interesting People mailing list archives

more on Police test hi-tech zapper that could end car chases

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 16:49:16 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Kevin G. Barkes" <kgb () kgb com>
Date: July 13, 2004 4:35:41 PM EDT
To: "dave () farber net" <dave () farber net>
Subject: Re: [IP] more on Police test hi-tech zapper that could end car chases

This sounds like an excellent *toy* that could be used to disrupt
businesses as well.  Take aim at any major bank (even branch) to
"knock out" the electronics, and I'm sure you could have a lot of fun.
  Mad at an employer who fired you?  Get back at them with the
"Zapper".

I had a consultant friend in the 80s who was situated in a particularly dreadful are of the client's site- right in the middle of the shipping department. The shipping person used to get a big kick out of dropping large boxes on the workbench, right next to my friend and the company's sole server.

When he was inevitably let go so the boss' son-in-law could put his AA degree to good use, and when the company failed to pay his fees for the last six weeks of his term, he sent the client a plain brown paper box containing 60 pounds of neodymium magnets which, he later learned, were of course dropped by the friendly shipping guy less than six inches away from the server. He claimed much hilarity ensued.

Regards,

KGB

-----
Kevin G. Barkes
Email: kgb () kgb com | Web: www.kgb.com
Eff the Ineffable, Scrute the Inscrutable:
http://www.cafeshops.com/kgbstuff.9211569
KGB Report:
http://www.kgb.com
National Temperature Index: