Interesting People mailing list archives

more on Police test hi-tech zapper that could end car chases

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2004 15:17:00 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Lee Elliott <lee.elliott () gmail com>
Date: July 13, 2004 1:37:24 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: more on Police test hi-tech zapper that could end car chases

This sounds like an excellent *toy* that could be used to disrupt
businesses as well.  Take aim at any major bank (even branch) to
"knock out" the electronics, and I'm sure you could have a lot of fun.
 Mad at an employer who fired you?  Get back at them with the
"Zapper".

I'm sure the military is looking at this for more than just stopping
cars.  On the battlefield, being able to knock out a communications
system, tanks, or guidance systems will be far more effective than
using explosives.

Staying on the home front, what about my laptop, cell phone and PDA in
the car?  What type of damage does this do to the car?

This is another one of those devices that we have to hope doesn't see
the light of day, otherwise I'm going back to school now to become a
lawyer because they are going to be the only ones who profit.

Lee

Lee Elliott