Interesting People mailing list archives

more on Mad Cow USA: The Nightmare Begins

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2003 10:53:52 -0500

From: Denise Caruso <caruso () hybridvigor org>

Dave,

I'm glad Ben sent out this Alternet piece. It's disturbing on many, many levels.

For those who are interested, here is the URL for the public inquiry into BSE in the U.K., aka the Phillips Inquiry. This came to me courtesy of Chris Elliott, a U.K. barrister/engineer and risk expert who's consulting with Hybrid Vigor on our risk and genomics project (Ben is contributing his expertise as well).

http://www.bseinquiry.gov.uk

Elliott advised the U.K. government on the general approach that government should take when obtaining and using scientific advice, which was used in the Health & Safety Executive's response to Phillips.

Denise