Interesting People mailing list archives

more on Tenet suggests limiting the Internet to approved users.

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2004 08:35:10 -0500

Begin forwarded message:

From: Rich Kulawiec <rsk () gsp org>
Date: December 4, 2004 8:01:51 PM EST
To: "Trei, Peter" <ptrei () rsasecurity com>
Cc: David Farber <dave () farber net>, Richard Forno <rforno () infowarrior org> Subject: Re: [IP] Tenet suggests limiting the Internet to approved users.

Please forgive me for following up my own note, but I though you would
all find this highly amusing.  Or frustrating.  Or both.

Act I: Dr. Farber runs a note (on the IP list) from Peter in which
George Tenet is quoted as saying:

"Access to networks like the World Wide Web might need to be limited to
those who can show they take security seriously, he said."

Act II: I, in my usual smartass fashion, follow up with this:

Well, that would rule out nearly every branch of federal, state
and local government in the US.

I'm all for it.  When do we start?

Act III: This afternoon, I find this note on the NANOG mailing list: