Interesting People mailing list archives

more on Lingo - the VoIP Service from HELL

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2004 17:12:42 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Scott W Brim <sbrim () cisco com>
Date: August 4, 2004 3:32:16 PM EDT
To: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Cc: Ip <ip () v2 listbox com>
Subject: Re: [IP] Lingo - the VoIP Service from HELL

I had Lingo for 3.5 weeks before canceling.  The sales people in
Montreal are great, the customer support people in India are the worst I
have ever found, and the tech support people in Virginia are competent
responsive, and take their work seriously, but are not well organized.
After several iterations over the weeks we worked out all of my issues
with voice quality, caller ID notification, etc.  They do deliver what
they promise.  I canceled only because I was conferencing with Europe a
lot, and the small increase in delay compared to a PSTN line made a
large difference in what I could do in a conference call with
enthusiastic technical people.  I think it would be an excellent service
for normal use.

Scott