Interesting People mailing list archives

more on Outrages of the day: Bush twins

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2004 09:10:30 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Nick Laflamme <dplaflamme () alumni nd edu>
Date: August 4, 2004 9:02:06 AM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Re: [IP] Outrages of the day: Bush twins

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A35602-2004Aug2.html

If you read the full piece, it might not be as bad as it looks. 24 people who had been booked on a flight from Albany to DC that was cancelled by US Air were put on the flight that was diverted to Albany.

But before blame goes to the first daughters, it turns out that it's not unusual for US Airways to make such diversions. "Yes, there are times when we will divert an airplane to pick up passengers off of another canceled flight. We do that when we have no other way to accommodate those customers," said airline spokesman David Castelveter. In addition to the Bush twins, 22 other beleaguered passengers also boarded in Albany.

I have as little use for Shrub as anyone, but he's guilty of enough without adding dubious aspersions.

 Just a thought,
 Nick