Interesting People mailing list archives

RIAA & libraries on boston WB

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2004 17:43:32 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: Todd Pinkerton <toddp () geneticmail com>
Date: August 3, 2004 4:42:15 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Subject: RIAA & libraries on boston WB

Dave --

For boston Ipers :

My sources at the Lowell Public Library are expecting a channel 56 (WB) news crew shortly to do an interview on their reciept of the RIAA 'settlement'. The Lowell library has received dozens of boxes of 'junk' music, such as 83 identical Michael Bolton cds, dozens of identical christmas CDs, etc. If I understand correctly, the *original retail
value* of these CD's are being used against the $144M settlement.

If I find out details on when it will air, I'll follow up.

Background on RIAA settlemnt :
http://www.boingboing.net/2004/06/23/riaa_squats_and_dump.html

Has anyone else had local coverage of this gross injustice?