Interesting People mailing list archives

more on EDS Outsourcing

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2004 14:21:21 -0400

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Schulze,Shawn M" <SSCHULZE () stpaultravelers com>
Date: August 3, 2004 2:03:29 PM EDT
To: dave () farber net
Cc: shawnschulze () cox net
Subject: RE: [IP] EDS Outsourcing

American Airlines and US Airways utilize software by EDS for their air
traffic control towers. EDS gets its code from outsourcing the majority
of work.

Now wouldn't it be a WHOLE lot easier to infiltrate a Development firm
in a foreign country and ADD some code for the next attack on the US.

You don't have to learn to fly, you don't have to enter the country, no
passports, no papertrail, no communications and you can use pilots
already in place. You can simultaneously wreak havoc across the entire
country while not risking a thing.

Homeland security is this HUGE organization dedicated to protect us.
They need to start justifying their salary. And a spokesmen from EDS
says we have an internal scrutinzation process that ... Obviously isn't
good enough if your causing 6 hour delays across the country.

This is what Stockholders want? To inflate their purses beyond any
possible practical or logical means of safety. I'm sure EDS made a
killing on that little sidejob but at what possible future expense of
the public?

This article was on CNN, The Register, MSNBC but I cant find it anywhere
today except:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/technology/chi-0408030059aug03,1,3434077.s
tory?coll=chi-techtopheds-hed
And
http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/content/news/feeds/0801pbia.html

http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&edition=us&ie=ascii&q=eds+air

======================================================================== ====== This communication, together with any attachments hereto or links contained herein, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is confidential or legally protected. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, disclosure, copying, dissemination, distribution or use of this communication is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail message and delete the original and all copies of the communication, along with any attachments hereto or links herein, from your system.

======================================================================== ====== The St. Paul Travelers e-mail system made this annotation on 08/03/2004, 02:03:26 PM.