Interesting People mailing list archives

Florida town to record all license plate numbers; check drivers

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 09:30:49 -0400

Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 06:07:03 -0700
From: Gail <gbi () actti com>
Subject: RE: [IP] Florida town to record all license plate numbers; check
 drivers
To: dave () farber net

Dear Dave,

Last summer I had a chance to go to Virginia Beach, VA.

Not only do they have "FaceIt" facial recognition cameras on the street
corners http://newsobserver.com/24hour/nation/story/1027482p-7209015c.html
but they have all sorts of other goodies to make it one of the scariest
towns I've been to. All the features of this "family town" were instituted
not after 9/11, but to contain the African Americans during the "GreekFest"
in the late eighties.

http://www.portfolioweekly.com/html/the_future_strip.html

I've included an image I took of the "no cussing" signs

Gail Bracy

"If I take my medication, my bad uncle stays in Yonkers." - Law and Order.