Interesting People mailing list archives

Eloquence

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 21:21:40 -0500

------ Forwarded Message
From: labores () azboss net
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 14:24:30 -0700
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Eloquence

I cannot attest to the veracity of this item, but I thought you might like
to see
it.

When in England at a fairly large conference recently, Colin Powell was
asked by the Archbishop of Canterbury if our plans for Iraq were just an
example of empire building by George Bush
.
He answered by saying that, "Over the years, the United States has sent
many of its fine young men and women into great peril to fight for freedom
beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for in
return is enough to bury those that did not return."

It became very quiet in the room.

Leo D. Bores, M.D.
Medical Research Director
Ophthalmic International, Inc.