Interesting People mailing list archives

Sure, it's fun to talk about Richard Perle's conflicts of interest...

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 14:43:10 -0500

------ Forwarded Message
From: John Adams <jadams01 () sprynet com>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 11:27:53 -0500
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Sure, it's fun to talk about Richard Perle's conflicts of
interest...

...but I think it's more interesting to talk about his politics, and
his intellectual honesty.

Here's a link to an article by Perle in Friday's Guardian, headlined
"Thank God for the death of the UN: Its abject failure gave us only
anarchy. The world needs order" :
http://www.guardian.co.uk/comment/story/0,3604,918764,00.html

And here's a link to a critique of the article by Josh Marshall, who
writes Talking Points Memo (no, not the drab column from the Washington
Post--Marshall long predates that):
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/march0303.html#032003524pm

I really like Marshall's column, even though I disagree with him a
lot--I guess you'd call him a moderate-to-liberal Democrat (of course,
as a registered voter in the state of Arkansaw, I still think of Bill
Clinton as a liberal Republican--if Clinton had been born in, say,
Connecticut or Rhode Island, things would've been different, y'know).

Of course, _my_ reaction to Perle was to hunt up yet another link:
http://weare.hacca.jp/gangoffour/pages/outsidethetrains2_lyrics.html
--but then, I'm a fanboy from way back.

All the best,

    John A