Interesting People mailing list archives

more on Apple's Music Store policy -- the fine print for expatriates

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 11:29:47 -0400

Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2003 10:16:37 -0400
From: Rick Tait <rickt () publictheater org>
Subject: Re: [IP] Apple's Music Store policy -- the fine print for expatriates
To: dave () farber net

Or even better, as soon as one has purchased and downloaded the song(s), burn to audio CD-R and take that with you to whatever country you're moving [back] to. Then re-import from audio CD to iTunes when you're in the new country. No DRM, no "connection" between songs and country, nice-n-easy.

Besides, given the morass of issues involved with DRM and [re]-"authorization" of content purchased and delivered online, it would be a prudent thing to burn/backup the purchased items immediately. Not doing so is an invitation for disaster, or a full-price repurchase.

RMT.

[ if destined for IP, please rm my name/address. Thanks! ]