Interesting People mailing list archives

re Hacking Away, Long Before There Were Hackers

From: David Farber <farber () tmail com>
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2003 15:29:06 -0800

-----Original Message-----
From: Harvey Silverglate <has.silgood () world std com>
To: dave () farber net
Subject: RE: [IP] Hacking Away, Long Before There Were Hackers
Date: Sun, 05 Jan 2003 15:01:28 -0600

Dave,
        I laughed when I read this in the Times this morning. However,
as a criminal defense lawyer who has represented many students who are
now adults in public life, I'll say this: It doesn't really matter too
much what the statute of limitations is, as long as you don't disclose
the jurisdiction in which you did your exuberant acts of youth!
                                Harvey

Harvey A. Silverglate
Silverglate & Good
83 Atlantic Avenue
Boston, MA 02110
Ofc. tel. 617/523-5933
Ofc. fax 617/523-7554
Res. tel. 617/661-9156
Res. fax 617/492-4925
has () theworld com
www.silverglategood.com

The Foundation for Individual Rights in Education
has () thefire org
www.thefire.org

The Shadow University
www.ShadowUniv.com