Interesting People mailing list archives

Stanford Spectrum Conference

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 22:30:15 -0500

------ Forwarded Message
From: "Faulhaber, Gerald" <faulhabe () wharton upenn edu>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 20:32:24 -0500
To: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Subject: RE: [CYBERIA] Stanford Spectrum Conference

Dave --

I think you and I agree wholeheartedly that posing the intellectual debate
as "spectrum v. commons" is probably bad scholarship.  It is the way legal
scholars like to tee things up, so I guess we need to fit the Law School
model.  But a big part of our effort has been to get over this "us versus
them" character of the debate.  It's time to quit the theological arguments
and get down to serious work helping policy makers deal with the real world.
I could agree more with this note.

Professor Gerald Faulhaber <http://rider.wharton.upenn.edu/~faulhabe>
Business and Public Policy Department
Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania
Philadelphia, PA 19104