Interesting People mailing list archives

RIAA>nul

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 22:54:06 -0500

------ Forwarded Message
From: Randall <rvh40 () insightbb com>
Date: Mon, 27 Jan 2003 20:49:54 -0500
To: dave () farber net
Subject: RIAA>nul

From: terry.s () juno com

I can't reach www.riaa.org or http://riaa.org or www.riaa.com or
http://riaa.com or http://64.240.248.18/ (the latter being the end of a
traceroute to both org and com of the formers via C&W, while not resolvable
from another domain).

Another public service campaign from the post-grad division of Script
Kiddiez
Anonymouse?

Oh, searching from another angle:

RIAA site attacked again -- FBI investigating from L33tdawg Mon Jan 27 @
20:57
(Reads: 38) Source: Info World THE U.S. FEDERAL Bureau of Investigation
(FBI)
and the U.S. Secret Service are investigating the latest attack on the
Recording Industry Association of America (RIAA)'s Web site, which has been
offline for days. "We are working to get our site restored so the press and
public can continue to get the information they want and need from the
RIAA,"
spokeswoman Amy Weiss said in a statement released Friday. Although the RIAA
did not say when it first noted the attack, IDG News Service staffers have
been unable to access the group's site, at http://www.riaa.org , for at
least
three days. The RIAA site has repeatedly come under attack in recent months,
apparently due to the group's efforts to stamp out online piracy.

------ End of Forwarded Message