Interesting People mailing list archives

Open letter to the Prime Minister of Malaysia]

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 20:29:20 +0900

------ Forwarded Message
From: Adam Peake <ajp () glocom ac jp>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 19:43:07 +0900
To: dave () farber net
Cc: sacha () forumasia org, alalegre () codewan com ph
Subject: Fwd: [communication 321] [Fwd: Open letter to the Prime Minister of
Malaysia]

Dave,

Good to see you this afternoon.

For IP: 2 items about Malaysian police seizure of computers from
online news site, Malaysiakini  <http://www.malaysiakini.com/> has
more (for the moment.)

Deeply disappointing . At last week's Asia and Pacific regional
preparatory meeting of the World Summit of the Information Society, a
representative from Malaysiakini delivered a short statement on
Communication Rights. Really isn't much point in holding the Summit
if we can't have some basic agreement on the right to communicate, to
access and disseminate information.  Those rights must be a
touchstone of our information society.

Thanks,

Adam

Adam Peake