Interesting People mailing list archives

more on Can I vibrate? CELL PHONES BANNED FROM NEW YORKTHEATERS

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 11:03:51 -0500

------ Forwarded Message
From: Mike Shaw <mshaw () wwisp com>
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2003 09:56:39 -0600
To: dave () farber net
Subject: Re: [IP] more on Can I vibrate? CELL PHONES BANNED FROM NEW
YORKTHEATERS

There is no excuse for some uncaring person to leave their phone in active
ring

Here are a few of my least favorite things that uncaring people have no
excuse for.  I don't live in NY but I can't wait to get to my next city
council meeting:

- loud smacking of gum
- talking at a movie theater
- people who cut me off in traffic
- more than 12 items in the express lane
- failing to rewind rental tapes
- people who take the elevator for only 2 floors
- snoring
- mowing the yard at 8:30 am when some of us who work late are still
sleeping
- use of 'the finger'
- that annoying dog that barks at me when I jog by the house on the corner
- going slow in the fast lane

I'm so thrilled that New York is providing an example by getting serious
regarding uncaring and rude behavior, and I can't wait to see what they do
about the above items.  My only concern is that these laws don't have any
teeth. I think we should take another lesson from Singapore and implement
caning or something similar.  Then through the power of the legislative
process I can finally live a life free of uncaring people.

Seriously...life gets more and more like sci-fi everyday.  Especially in
the big cities.

-Mike

------ End of Forwarded Message