Interesting People mailing list archives

-- more on -- GOP Outsources Fundraising

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Thu, 28 Aug 2003 09:21:05 -0400

BTW I keep getting the same call from Republican Leadership that goes through the same drill. They clearly have not filtered their call lists!!! :-)

Dave

from: jordan pollack <pollack () cs brandeis edu>

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/politics/DailyNews/TheNote_Feb6.html

Jwarren wrote:

>Given that the Bush people are completely
>denying any of this ever took
>place, it would be a real coup to nail
>down the facts....

As a small business owner I have received calls from a few different
Republican Congressmen, like Tom Davis, offering me an "award" for my
"business leadership".
When I returned the call from the Congressman, I spoke to a female
operator
who plays me a recording in his voice about the importance
of prominent business leaders in the future of America, etc. Then I can
accept the leadership award by joining a "advisory council" (and pledge
to donate).

Anyway, I just googled for a story to confirm my memory: it was also
on ABCNEWS. It didn't delve into which call center worked for the NRCC,
but maybe ABCNews reporters have the big scoop in their background
notes.

http://abcnews.go.com/sections/politics/DailyNews/nrcc_020502.html
it mentions these groups:
http://www.physiciansadvisoryboard.org/