Interesting People mailing list archives

-- more on -- so what will we do to avoid another mass attack on the "net"

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 03:35:41 -0400

From: Robert Lee <robertslee () comcast net>

It would be interesting to know what the score is with regard to punishing
the authors of viruses and worms, etc.

Robert Lee
Encoda
Office  610-397-1632
Home  610-642-9707
Cell     610-724-1288

Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 21:13:05 -0400
From: Robert Lee <robertslee () comcast net>
Subject: RE: [IP] so what will we do to avoid another mass attack on the "net"
To: dave () farber net

That speaks to my question.  If you want to inhibit a behavior one
alternative is to punish it.  I am curious what punishment has been meted.
I rarely hear of these people being found and of the few who have  been
found I have not been kept up to date on the result.

When I was sailing in the Caribbean for six months there was one SSB
frequency that carried all the news about piracy against sailors, with
follow up.

Your list certainly contains people who would have this kind of information
about virus writers and distributors.

Robert Lee
Encoda
Office  610-397-1632