Interesting People mailing list archives

-- more on -- virus files this am

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 15:04:44 -0400

Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 11:53:30 -0700
From: Jim Warren <jwarren () well com>
Subject: Re: [IP] virus files this am
To: dave () farber net
Cc: Jock Gill <jock () jockgill com>

I got  1300 junk emails "delivered " this AM.

find the person and put him/her in jail .

I'm still betting that the EXCESSIVE (and outrageous) flood of spam and virus attempts will go away as soon as Ashcroft completes his round of speeches saying how wonderful the civil-liberties-demolishing "Patriot" Act is, and saying how the administration in power "needs" even much more authority to conduct warrantless searches, unlimited imprisonment ("detention") sans charges, much less civilian trial or jury conviction, and so on.

It's IMPORTANT to keep the citizens as fearful, nervous and outraged (by excesses such as this current spam-glut), if the government is to grab evermore powers and ever-lessen our civil liberties.

--jim