Interesting People mailing list archives

Why TiVo Owners Can't Shut Up

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2003 18:09:57 -0700

------ Forwarded Message
From: Dewayne Hendricks <dewayne () warpspeed com>

[Note:  This item comes from reader Monty Solomon.  If Tivo is "God's
machine" according to Michael Powell, I guess that makes the ReplayTV
"Satan's machine" according to the Hollywood cartel.  As a ReplayTV
owner, I'd say that the Tivo is a pale shadow of the ReplayTV in
terms of features.  If it wasn't then you can be sure that the cartel
would have dragged it into court by now.  DLH]