Interesting People mailing list archives

Science by Press Release -- THE NEXT-GENERATION INTERNET

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 11:32:50 -0500

When I read this I had that feeling I had been there many many times during
the past. This is another in what appears to be science by press release.
There may be something more complicated than what wired says but the term
"Impressive technology" seems rather hype -- to say the least.

I asked several old time internet grey-beards what's new about this and here
is one answer: