Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: Electronic Arts in Sony Game Deal

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 11:35:29 -0400

------ Forwarded Message
From: Rob McMillin <rlm () pricegrabber com>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2002 08:27:59 -0700
To: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Subject: Electronic Arts in Sony Game Deal

Microsoft will have to do without Electronic Arts games for the XBox, at
least for a while. Much of this centers on Microsoft's insistance that
EA Internet-based games would run on servers controlled by Microsoft.
According to EA President John Riccitiello, "We understand and like
Sony's business model, and we don't yet understand Microsoft's." Hm,
maybe that's because Sony doesn't actively buy out or destroy all its
game authors and publishers?

http://www.nytimes.com/2002/05/16/technology/16GAME.html

--
    http://www.pricegrabber.com
          "We're smarter individually." -- Larry Niven

------ End of Forwarded Message

For archives see:
http://www.interesting-people.org/archives/interesting-people/