Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: Public anger on the rise over airport searches

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2002 03:58:24 -0500

 RICARDO ALONSO-ZALDIVAR, Times Staff Writer
WASHINGTON -- The Horrigan family was about to board the flight back to
Pittsburgh from Walt Disney World when the gate agent scrutinizing their
boarding passes stopped them.

"Caroline is going to have to step aside for a manual scan," he told
Courtney and Frank Horrigan. Caroline is their 3-year-old.

"I honestly thought when he figured out that Caroline was the child, he
would ask to search me or my husband," said Courtney Horrigan. Wrong. So she
told her daughter it was time to play a game of "Simon says" with the
airline man.