Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: read from end back (by the msg) Worth Magazine on Broadband

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2002 09:40:54 -0400

------ Forwarded Message
From: "Ralph W. Wyndrum Jr." <rww () monmouth com>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2002 21:56:42 -0400
To: "Frank Ferrante" <fferrante () ieee org>, <ieeeusa-tpc () ieee org>,
"ieeeusa-ccip" <ieeeusa-ccip () ieee org>
Subject: Re: Worth Magazine on Broadband

All,
My point being that we need to be cognizant of other (presumably reputable)
points of view, and use our position statements to address the issues they
malign. Reading this article is an eye opener. There is some truth in it,
mixed
with a lot of (probably incorrect) statements or judgements. But Worth
carries
a lot of weight in the public arena, and more than the author must have
agreed with the story...they have two levels of editing. In the Broadband
case, we need to lay out a balanced, technical/market case that refutes
points made here and elsewhere which are axiomatic to some. Please read
Worth.
Ralph