Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: column in Tonganoxie (Kansas) Mirror quoting you [Farber}

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2002 13:39:45 -0500

[Felt better than a quote in the NY Times to me djf]

Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2002 11:11:02 -0600
To: dave () farber net
From: Lisa Scheller <ljohn () mail tonganoxie com>
Subject: column in Tonganoxie (Kansas) Mirror quoting you

Dear Dave, I'm the Kansas University journalism graduate student who
interviewed you by telephone in late November for a research paper on
Carnivore.

When we spoke, I asked you what I could do, as a news editor at a weekly
Kansas newspape, to help enlighten our readers about the Internet privacy
issues, and on a broader picture, about preserving our rights. You
suggested that Americans need to understand what stands behind the flag.

This week, my column addressed just that, and includes several of your
quotes from our interview.

Oh, I received an A on my research paper and my professor especially
appreciated your comparison of the FBI's use of Carnivore to what might
have happend had Nixon had access to such a program.

Here's the link to the Website of The Mirror, in Tonganoxie, Kansas.

http://www.tonganoxiemirror.com/section/viewpoints/story/3769

Have a brave and wonderful New Year ---

Most sincerely,
Lisa Scheller