Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: INTERVIEW: Sony's Idei Will Put House in Order to Reap Future Benefits

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2002 16:13:45 -0500

INTERVIEW: Sony's Idei Will Put House in Order to Reap Future Benefits

January 7, 2002 (TOKYO) -- Sony Corp. shares are considered the barometer of the Japanese economy. The Nihon Keizai Shimbun asked Chairman Nobuyuki Idei about what the company has in store for next fiscal year.

Interview excerpts follow:

Q: Do you still feel the ripples of the bursting of the information technology bubble in the U.S. and the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks?