Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: more on Airline grounds in-flight phone service

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2002 14:16:13 -0500

To: farber () cis upenn edu
From: "Jonathan B Spira" <jspira () basex com>
Date: Thu, 7 Feb 2002 12:24:07 -0500

Dave, I had several conversations with AT&T's airphone division (it is separate from Wireless, which does mobile phones) over the summer. They sounded like they were preparing to close their doors back then.

What puzzled me is the tremendous investment in infrastructure and why they either didn't
        1.)        lower rates to boost traffic
2.) sell off the infrastructure (incl. phones) to another operator who could run it more inexpensively

/s/ Jonathan

Jonathan B. Spira
Chairman and Chief Analyst
Basex. What's in IT for you (tm).
Phone: +1 212 760-1555 x113
E-mail: jspira () basex com
Web: http://www.basex.com

David Farber <dave () farber net>
Sent by: owner-ip-sub-1 () admin listbox com

02/07/2002 11:42 AM
Please respond to farber