Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: UK e-democracy policy, links

From: Dave Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2002 09:01:51 -0400

------ Forwarded Message
From: Steven Clift <clift () publicus net>
Date: Wed, 7 Aug 2002 07:47:35 -0500 (CDT)
To: farber () cis upenn edu
Subject: UK e-democracy policy, links

Dave, I think some IPers might have an interest in the new e-democracy
policy work of the UK government that covers both e-participation and
e-voting:
     http://www.edemocracy.gov.uk

The U.S. government is exploring "e-rulemaking." While an
important start, the government-related "e-democracy" discussions here
are well behind those of most other OECD countries.  More on
e-rulemaking:
     http://www.mail-archive.com/do-wire () tc umn edu/msg00515.html

To help folks dig into "e-democracy" I have put together a two page
links flyer which is available from:
     http://www.publicus.net/articles/edemresources.html

Finally, if any IPers are interested in the use of technology in
politics (different than the politics of technology) they can join my
Democracies Online Newswire mailing list which has no more than seven
posts a week:
     http://www.e-democracy.org/do

Thanks,
Steven Clift
e-democracy strategist and public speaker
http://www.publicus.net

------ End of Forwarded Message

For archives see:
http://www.interesting-people.org/archives/interesting-people/