Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: more on biotech

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2002 11:43:19 -0400

To: David Farber <farber () central cis upenn edu>
cc: "Jonathan M. Smith" <jms () central cis upenn edu>

Dave:

        If people would like to see a real "far-reaching" vision of where
we can go and what we can do with "biotechnology" and "reengineering man",
they should read a *wonderful* piece of science
fiction (written by an Oxford philosophy professor, Olaf Stapledon) called
"Last and First Men". I read it many years ago and its striking scope and
vision of human progress continues to inspire my own vision of where we
can go and what we can attain. Think big!!!!!

                                                                -JMS

For archives see:
http://www.interesting-people.org/archives/interesting-people/