Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: Now what does curbside luggage checking have to do with today???

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2001 21:44:30 -0400

"Travelers will see increased security measures at our airports, train
stations and other key sites. There will be higher levels of surveillance,
more stringent searches. Airport curbside luggage check-in will no longer
be allowed. There will be more security officers, random identification
checks. Travelers may experience some inconveniences. We ask for your
patience. But we must do whatever it takes, with safety as our highest
priority. "

 From Statement of Secretary of Transportation Norman Y. Mineta

For archives see: http://www.interesting-people.org/