Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: RE: WTC - restrictions on taking photos?!

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 12:42:14 -0400

From: "Andrew L. Zalasin" <alz () rre com>
To: <farber () cis upenn edu>

I had dinner with a resident of Battery Park City last night who had to wind
his way by and through crowds of tourists taking photos to finally get back
to his home for the first time since the attack.  He and his family were
quite upset at the situation.  While I do not believe that prohibition is
necessary, he had a good idea -- why not charge the photographers a fee
($20?) and have the proceeds go to the families of the victims.

For archives see: http://www.interesting-people.org/