Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: ---AMERICAN TO PROVIDE SPECIAL SEPARATION PAY, PROGRAMS TO EMPLOYEES FACING LAYOFF---

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2001 04:23:48 -0400

I assume this also applies tio those who have been terminated?

Dave

From: jspira () basex com
To: David Farber <dave () farber net>

This is what American Airlines made public yesterday:

---AMERICAN TO PROVIDE SPECIAL SEPARATION
PAY, PROGRAMS TO EMPLOYEES FACING LAYOFF---

With the first installment of a federal aid package now in hand,
American today announced that it can provide special pay, medical,
travel privileges and other benefits to thousands of employees who
face layoff as a result of the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks in New York
and Washington.

"Our overarching challenge during the past two weeks has been to meet
the needs of our employees and the company during constantly changing
circumstances," said Chairman Don Carty.  "Last Friday's passage of a
federal aid bill, and the delivery of the first installment of aid to
the airline this afternoon, will allow us to provide special pay and
other benefits to employees who will leave us.

"This is something we have wanted to do but were not sure we would be
able to provide given our changing circumstances and the devastating
impact of the terrorist attacks on our industry and our company."

Carty said employees who would be eligible for furlough pay in a
layoff will be eligible to receive these special payments, medical
benefits, travel privileges and the benefit of a comprehensive group
of other programs.  Those include referrals to other companies that
have offered to interview AA employees, job interview support,
financial counseling and help with referrals to employment agencies.
A voluntary leave program will be available to help to minimize
further layoffs.  For unionized employees, these special programs are
subject to acceptance by the appropriate unions.

For archives see: http://www.interesting-people.org/