Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: Crusade

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2001 13:12:28 -0400

In a previous note I sent out , there was the results of using a word that has long and nasty memories in the Moslem world. Destruction of property, lives followed the Crusaders as they tried to convert the world and regain "holy" places.

Now our President has provided those who dislike us with a powerful weapon -- a word. that word might cost us many many lives both ours and others.

One wonders if there is anyone in the White House who professes the faith of Islam who is asked to read for such. If not we better get one fast.

When will politicians worldwide wake up and realize that their speaches for the home crowd are relayed by newspapers, tv, radio and internet worldwide in seconds.

Dave

For archives see: http://www.interesting-people.org/