Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: what they're thinking in Britain

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Tue, 06 Nov 2001 13:15:58 -0500

Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 12:52:16 -0500
To: farber () cis upenn edu (David Farber)
From: Richard Jay Solomon <rsolomon () dsl cis upenn edu>

At 4:48 PM -0500 11/5/01, <OpinionJournal () wsj com> wrote:
  From http://OpinionJournal.com

Best of the Web Today - November 5, 2001
By JAMES TARANTO
The Voice of Treason http://www.sunday-times.co.uk/news/pages/sti/2001/11/04/stiusausa01027.html We keep hearing that this isn't a war against Islam, and we'd dearly like to think that's so. But there are signs that Muslims don't see it that way. A poll by the Sunday Times of London finds that 40% of British Muslims believe Osama bin Laden is "justified" in mounting a war against America, and the same proportion think British citizens who join the Taliban "are justified in doing so." Eleven percent answered yes to the question: "Do you believe there was any justification for the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Centre and Pentagon on September 11?"

For archives see:
http://www.interesting-people.org/archives/interesting-people/