Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: Jockeying Over Broadband Bill

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 11:00:10 -0400

Wy is it in DC if I invert te name of any bill I get te true meaning and
intent of te bill djf

JOCKEYING CONTINUES OVER BROADBAND BILL
One of the biggest wars being waged in Congress right
now is about H.R. 1542, the Internet Freedom and
Broadband Deployment Act. The bill would let Bell
companies offer data services, including high-speed
Internet access, across long-distance boundaries without
first having to satisfy stipulations within the
1996 Telecommunications Act that they provide
their competitors access to local markets.

http://cgi.zdnet.com/slink?122759:5754322

For archives see: http://www.interesting-people.org/