Interesting People mailing list archives

IP: Note on ICANN access to records from Levy and reply from Stuart Lynn (ICANN)

From: David Farber <dave () farber net>
Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2001 18:44:06 -0500

Date: Wed, 05 Dec 2001 18:25:53 -0500
From: "Paul Levy" <PLEVY () citizen org>
To: <dave () farber net>

entirely fair. I must say, if Auerbach is insisting he has the right to go public with private corporate information, and that is the only obstacle, he has nothing so far as I can see. An entity has the right to decide about the privacy of its information. On the other hand, if there were other restrictions, his best bet would be to call their bluff, agree not to disclose TO THE PUBLIC (as opposed to other board members) without their consent, subject of course to his right to go to court over a particular piece of info, and then see if they still deny him access.

Paul Alan Levy
Public Citizen Litigation Group
1600 - 20th Street, N.W.
Washington, D.C. 20009
(202) 588-1000
http://www.citizen.org/litigation/litigation.html

>>> David Farber <dave () farber net> 12/05/01 06:03PM >>>
I will wait for a reply before posting